Community Health Center employees speak many different languages. There is a good chance we speak yours. Contact your local health center to find out.
Los empleados de los centros de salud comunitarios hablan muchos idiomas. Es muy probable que también hablen el suyo. ¡Contacte el centro en su comunidad para verificar!
Membership for Community Health Centers
To be eligible for membership, community based health centers must meet the following criteria:
- Be governed by a board of directors which includes users of the health center, or in the case of Health Department and Hospital affiliated health centers, is advised by an advisory board that includes users of the health center;
- Provide service to people regardless of their ability to pay for such services;
- Charge patients according to a sliding fee scale;
- Provide comprehensive family-oriented primary health care services;
- Be exempt under the United States Internal Revenue Code; and
- Have the express purpose of providing primary health care to underserved people.
WACMHC employs a full time CEO to oversee the functions of the organization. The Association is governed by a Board of Directors composed of one person from each member organization and at least one practicing health center clinician. Board meetings are held at least quarterly. The standing committees include the executive, finance, joint legislative, and by-laws committees. Members are encouraged to actively participate in WACMHC by becoming a committee member.
Membership in WACMHC has the following benefits:
- Legislative advocacy on issues affecting health centers;
- Eligibility to participate in group purchasing of office supplies, and laboratory services; and
- Ongoing communication with peer organizations about issues related to the management and delivery of health and human services.